Back and finally 99.9% caught up with things

Hi all.
Welcome to a week of things.
Or should I say 3 weeks of things.
Lets start with the holiday then.
We all got off at 7 in the morning, thats mum, dad, karen, and myself in ryan’s car to the airport.
Got there round 8, where we found miso and had that.
Got through security.
As usual my belt beeps.
Not a problem because we have better scanners then australia more on that later.
Got on the plane.
And straight away decided to look to see what was on.
Due to a breakage in the entertainment system, not much worked in fact the system just didn’t want to accept things aparently so no one got entertainment at all that was any good.
Dinner was fucking amazing.
I had the barbequed beaf, some chese and crackers, a bun, a salad, and some capety icecream which is by the way quite expensive.
All of that was rather nice.
About 6 hours later, for light refreshments, I had basically a 6 inch sub with chese and bacon.
In the middle of that time, chips appeared and then cookies, the expensive macnut jobs.
We got to the place the airport I mean at round 1.30pm pirth time, the first of 3 timezones we would pass during the trip.
Pirth at that time was like auckland, and by that I mean fucking cold, not even hot, and well thats about all I’d care to say on that.
I mean I don’t come to a holiday to have it 19 and windy, I want it to be 40, and well eating prorns and salad from an ice bucket, but as I said as above more on that later.
We then got to the house.
At this point, I should mention that I have nothing against any race or religion usually.
I couldn’t care less usually if you are chinese, indian, maori, or anything same with religions as long as they don’t become a problem I don’t give a damn.
The house was run by indians.
And sadly lived up to at least some of the worst stereo types about them you can probably imagine.
It was clean enough, but taps were loose and dripping, the washer was noisy, and on first time smelt like it was on fire but was probably not used much.
The kitchen was full of spices, some left overs, sauces, rum, etc, a lot of it expired, most of it having being there for quite some time.
The citchen was cheap but functional, things were roughly done, but the beds were good and while the knobs on dressers were loose we got down to it.
The tv was ok but someone had tried to put an entertainment system which wasn’t much and was broken, and all the dvds were of bad quality and probably cracked black market deals.
Most of them were random shit but we still watched a few.
Anyway the reason or rather one of reasons we were in pirth at all was to see an old cousin of my grandpas who we had only seen in the country once and who we had lost touch with, in fact never met till a couple years back but oh well.
He appeared wanting to welcome us to what was now his country he having moved from china some years back.
With him he brought enough food to feed a small army.
2 boxes of fruit which included among other things, blue berries and strawberries, bananas, apples, oranges, avocados and some fucking huge mangos that tasted much better than our ones.
I later found out these cost between 2 and 5 bucks in australia but here in new zealand they cost 10 bucks each.
Said mangos were quite nice.
The package also included an assorted pack of arnots biscuits, timtams, and an entire army sized jar of coconut cookies.
He also got us 3 bottles of wine, a large army sized pack of noodles, and 4 army sized packs of dumplings.
Then after a little of talking with promises that he would have us out to the casino on wednesday he left.
Immediately we managed to find enough sauces and such that were eatable and set about delving through the dumplings.
It took us about 3 days to get through the noodles and dumplings.
It took us about a week to get through the biscuits.
And most of the holiday to get through the fruit, wine, and most everything else.

Pirth has been described to me as a pritty city, and for the most part it is.
We had trips to such things as freemantle which is their port and includes eateries like those found in the auckland viaduct.
Then we went to swan river, and a few other places, some of them local some of them not.
This included calimunda which was an old village which is mostly still up and running with people, services and such.
There are a few old buildings but most of it is still online.
All the old villages here in new zealand or at least the ones I have been to are basically not used really.
Pirth has a lot of historical things, australia itself was involved with world war 1 as were we, all the anzac things, The first part of that actually is australia, and new zealand, we worked together and a lot of us died in battle.
A lot of memorials, lots of history, museums, and art things.
Of course being blind, most of the museums and art things just are inaccessible and boring.
I can only take an hour or 2 in each my dad is really into this sort of thing.
The only 2 things that stand out about australia from new zealand bar the weather that is are.
1. apartment stores and 2, malls.
In australia there are mires, and davey jones, and I think h&m stores.
We only have 1 smith and cowies which is in town and which even if we could get there which we hardly do has stuff that cost a bundle so we only do it once a year.
According to my friend karen, a mall or malls in general are streets of shops and aparently exsisted in england or is it lundon, oh well, point is there are closed off streets with shops, cafes and other places which are called malls.
A mall to us kiwis pronounced morl as in m then all not maaalll or however it is is a shopping building with shops, sealed from the weather where you do your business, eat then fuck off.
You can always park your car there, and its never to hot or cold.
So a mall in australia to me is just a street full of random stores and places which I can’t relate at all.
The last thing I’d like to mention about this part of the trip at least the part of eating is that we had a pub close to our house and enjoyed a pizza and a 300 gram stake on the 2 nights we had to basically eat out on our own.
There were specials for each day of the week and the food was fine.
You could rock up in your shorts and shirt even in the heat and no one gave a damn, you payed up, and got good food and drink.

As I said before we got invited out to the casino.
All casinos in australia are chained just like the department stores.
So we rocked up to the local crown, just about every city has one or one under construction.
We then went to a buffet style place with just about everything you could think that is nice, the tables were always full and we ate and drank till we were fuller than haystacks.
During this time we found out things like our cussin was a hard working man making of all things air conditioning ducting.
And since it is the asion way not just chinese way to pay for your guests he payed for everything.
This is a bit forign to us kiwis as we like to be fair and split things equally however to the chinese and even our indonesion family its not polite to ask for others to pay your bill, even if you can’t really afford it manners do come first even if you must borrow and get in debt, it would be dishonerable to do otherwise.
Food is a major part of the asion style of culture, you welcome people with it to your home and country also.
So it was no surprise that that saturday night we all got invited to our cussins house where he cooked us fish, pork, pakchoy, and fruit, mooncake and other such things, and lots and lots of chinese tea.
Before I go on with the story there is a seremony on poring tea, you never fill a small cup of it more than half.
You always throw out the first lot of any new brew, to clean the leaves, and you never just use it one time and chuck it.
You also use 2 tea pots one one a smaller pot is for serving and so on and so on.
It is quite complex and the seremony must be repeated each time a new pot is brewed.
A tea seremony can therefore take up to 30 minutes to prepair and is an art in itself.

At 8 on saturday morning we left our house and got a lift by our cousin to the train station he having offered us the use of his car to take us to the station however not before giving us a teachest full of tea, and 2 large bags of chocolate to take with us, which didn’t improve the weight in our luggage much at all.
The indian paciffic after this being called the train was nice enough.
Our gold class cabins were fine as long as you didn’t mind the crampt confines, the 1 room toilet and shower combo, the limited list of radio stations which didn’t always work all the time, and the fact that at least for my mum and karen the hot water didn’
‘t run and the air was to cold.
For dad and myself it just worked.
4 marvolous days of tasty food, and drink awaited us.
Trips to mining towns such as broken hill, calguly, and cook awated us.
We also had a trip to the adalade central markets which was itself a highlight.
We had an entertainer and a tv crew for the descovery chanel on board which was it itself interesting.
It goes without saying, that we ate and drank till we couldn’t then we ate some more.
We even had chocolates on our pillows when our beds got made each night and it was interesting to say the least.
After all that we got to sidney, a city almost auckland like, with its traffic, airconditioning, and loads of construction.
Its got a nice harbour and well many things.
Our apartment had an italion place right under it owned by a couple that were only to happy to tell us how everything was done from the furnature to the lights.
They were also happy to give us lots of food and lemoncello more than we payed for by a long way and they were a laugh to boot.
It also by this time was quite hot.
One of the places manley for example was 37 degrees and higher, it was also where I had my prorns in an ice bucket.
I also had such things as baby octopus in flower, and crumbed chicken in gravey.
Sidney had changed a lot though from when I went to it 10 years back.
There were more shops, and eateries, cruise liners and loads of people.
I got a t-shirt well a couple of them in fact and well a lot of other things becides.
I walked everywhere in the heat, toured a chinese rock garden and had more tea in a teahouse.
I used the fairies and metros around the city and had a good enough time.
The time came round for us to go back home.
This was an anticlimax, the food was terrible, we didn’t get what we ordered at any case, but better seats and movies which was a bit better than last time movies wize, not food anyway and we ended up at round 10 pm back home on a sunday night.
This week has involved me updating systems, getting through and backing up synced files, listening to audio and checking emails.
I did the stats servey and that was fine.
I plan to finnish the week with some friends coming round for dinner on saturday.

Sadly it seems that it was not going to be entirely a good holiday.
As per the law in this country I must report to the government my status when I go away so they don’t terminate my benefit.
This I did well in advance, well at least as advanced as I can go before a trip wich is round 2 months.
I however messed up the dates and as soon as I realised reported those and got them corrected and was assured it had been done.
I also had an issue with their website which I reported.
Not only was I never further contacted about said issue but just like last time I went away, I got a message telling me my benifit was suspended and that I had to contact the government to prevent any nastyness.
I did thinking it was just that another error only to find that my corrected data had misteriously disapeered from the system, and that the old dates were still valid.
I explained the situation where appon the opperater reinstated my benifit but got me to speak to one of their case workers to fix any aditional issues, this comes monday morning.
My plan for this is unknown.
I have at least 3 options.
The first one which is probably risk free but loathsom is to lie and say that everything is ok and it should be fine if it remains so.
The second is to tell it how it is and get all the issues sorted which could be interesting.
The third is to wing it let them think a story, tell me what I did, grovel and say sorry a bunch of time and hope I don’t go to jail.
To be honest though it will depend on who I get.
If its a burocratic wanker, depend what they say the easiest option is 3 with a bit of 1 and they probably will leave it.
If not maybe, just maybe I can try to get my issues fixed, allof them at once.
And on that note ask why things were not sorted when I asked them.
Should I be so lucky.
Naturally I want this gone, I want it solved, on the other hand, the government is god and I must comply or else.
If that means saying I did what they think I did and pay or say sorry a bunch of times then thats what I must do.
Its only the loss of 2 weeks pay for fuck sake.
Its not worth all the extra shit.
I have read in the papers of people that have stood up to the government and have been screwed over and continue to be.
I don’t want that.
I do hope though that the issues can be fixed and that I can get this delt with whatever it is.
I also hope that I can get it solved without having to get outside help, I don’t want a record after all, no matter what my dad says, its only a couple weeks.
I can admit I initially fucked up, and if thats all they want to believe fine I don’t care.
There are other things to do that week like patch tuesday.
Speaking of future things the house windows are going to get modified so things may change quite soon round here.
Thats about all I need to say.

Aside | This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.